CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There's a first time for everything!

Wow, I actually made my first bloggy post!! (Missy Raine are you proud of me :)

I was wondering how many of you out there have received your book and how far you've gotten? I stopped at chapter 10 so I don't read too far ahead. But I was thinking maybe we could get together on Sat Aug. 9th or 16th at my house for the next meeting? What do you all think of the book so far? I hesitate to comment too much so that I don't spoil what's happened for those who haven't read it yet. This has been a hard book for me to read at times. I had no idea when I suggested the book, that what Laura went through while in her coma would hit so close to home. I have been brought to tears many times by the similarities and so humbled to be reminded of what God did for my daughter. Without monitors, feeding tubes, or physical therapists but purely by the prayers of my faithful brethren and the loving hand of our glorious Father. How truly miraculous it is that we have her today.

5 comments:

Sis. Lori P. said...

I haven't read any of the book yet, but Daughter L has and she said the same thing. That what the girl in the book went through was very similar to what Miss B. went through! I gotta wrench the book outta Daughter's hands so I cans reads it!

Jackie said...

Well I read the whole thing so that I could loan my book to Sis. Sondra and I was in tears through the whole thing.

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I have to admit I was in tears sometimes, while reading the book, and remembering the days spent by Brittany's side, praying she'd wake up or move just a tiny bit for me.

And Sis. D, I'm SOOOO proud of you for figuring it out! ;) I'm on Chapter 13. I stopped, so...lets get together SOOOON!

Sis Stubby said...

I have read the book also.I could not put it down.Bro.Stubby's niece went thur the same thing(coma) .Not long ago. She still has not retained all her brain function.I had mentioned this book to her Mom and she broorowed mine copy.It did bring the tears and yet I did not want to put it down.Sister's I will ask you to pray for her.She is 32 yeras old and has 2 children. Her heart just quit working some thing like 34 times. She is in the world .I hope we can show her christ

KatieB said...

hey, i was just wandering if any of you have finished you`re books yet.i wasn`t able to read it, but i`m really hoping that i`ll be able to read the Indian Captive. no one has posted as how they like that book, so i was just wandering.