"Mistaken Identity"!! All the ladies here in Oregon haven't gotten our books in the mail yet, so we're waiting to see how much we should start reading. Has anyone else received their books? I think when I was at borders I saw that there were 21 chapters. Might seem really big to you, but they are kinda short chapters, and from what I've read so far (2 chapters) its really good!! I'll keep you updated on how far we'll read to when we all get the books.
Also, we pulled another book from the hat. So! The next book is called, "Indian Captive." This book has gotten a Newberry Award, so this should be good! Sis. Brittany said it's an easy, short read. :)
Sister Cari, we put "The Shack" in the hat. Once its in the hat it'll stay in there until we pick it. Each lady gets to put one book in, and once they're all picked we'll put more in. We want everyone to get a chance to read the book they've put in the hat.
Is anyone going to go on and read more of the Narnia books?
-Sis. Lorraine
Monday, July 21, 2008
Time to Start...
Posted by :.☂Raine☂.: at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
No Fair, You've already started! We're still waiting for our book to come in the mail. I finally finished Lion witch and the wardrobe today :) I thought about skipping it since I cheated and got to watch the movie before I finished the book ;P but I'm really trying to be better about finishing things I purpose in my heart to do. Like umm.. wiping down the outside of my kitchen cupboards today which I still haven't finished Gotta go :)
I still haven't gotten my book yet but it should be on the way. I can't wait!!!
The book came yesterday in the mail and I read two chapters before bed :) I'm hooked! What does anyone else think so far?
I still haven`t got my book yet, but i`m hoping i will in a little bit. I`m waiting for my friend to go to the library to see if she can get it.If i can`t get it then i`ll just wait for the next book to read.
I missed the last book so I decided to get in on this read. Well everyone in the area here must be reading that book :0. I put a hold on it at the library, hopefully I can get it in time.
The other day i was looking on the internet to see how much it would cost in order for me to buy the books, when i looked up Indian Captive. I was able to find it for 1 cent and it was i think 3.99 for the shipping.On Amazon.I just thought i would let you know. The other thing is that it was used, if you want to get it new i`m not sure how much it was for that. But just so you would know.
Well I got my book ysterday and I have started reading it too. I have read 3 chapters (sorry I broke the rules). I am also hooked I can't wait to read more. I pretty much know the jist of the story because it was all over the news here because it was here in Indiana. Also I caught the end of a Dateline Special on it. But the book is really more personal so far. I can't wait to read more!!
I have to admit...I'm on chapter 13!! I can't hardly put it down. Its such a fast read. So, I'm putting it down and waiting for everyone to catch up. We still haven't decided how far to read up too. This next month is going to be crazy because of Sky Camp and the festival here, im not sure if we'll get a chance to get together and have a bookclub meeting even!!
Post a Comment