CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

What Chapter did you get to?


Hi Book Club Ladies,
Well, we had our 1st book club meeting after we had started reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" on Saturday. It was fun! We met at Daughter A's house and had tea and cookies while the kids played in the other room and we chatted. It was right after our guys had left for their River Rafting trip, so we were relaxed and had plenty of time to discuss and eat. LOL! I was really upset at myself for forgetting my camera, but Sis. Lorri, Daughter A's momma had hers and she took pics of us girls. As soon as she sends me some on email, I will post them. We were supposed to get to a certain point in the book, but of course of few of us, myself included, hadn't gotten quite that far yet. But it was still fun to hear everyone's thoughts on these questions:
1. Who was your favorite character?
2. Who was your least favorite character?
3. Who is C.S. Lewis anyway, did he write anything else?
4. What did you learn?
5. Where there any spiritual implications in the book?

It was fun to hear everyone's answers, and I confess the Librarian in me waxed eloquent a little too much on who C.S. Lewis was and what other books he wrote. Sorry girls! I'll try and control myself next time. We all agreed to finish the rest of the book and meet again at my house on July 18th in the evening right after our men leave for their Hiking Trip. So, we've all gotta get busy and read the rest of the book!

Don't forget to look on Half.com for the next book we will be reading, "Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope" by Don & Susie Van Ryn, Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak, and Mark Tabb.

So, what chapter did you get to?

-Sis. Lori

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Well I am sorry to tell you all the I haven't even started the book. If I don't get this one read I will try for sure to read the next one.

carimarie said...

I have yet to start the book as well it has been a bit hard since my grandma just recently passed, but im going to try to have it finished by the deadline.

Sis Stubby said...

Girls I read to chapter 9. I had to make myself stop.I think he done a wonderful job on this book.I felt like he was there reading it to me.
1.I liked Lucy best & Peter.
2. Of course the White Witch the least.
3.I read he wrote other books. But I have not read any of his other books.
4.I now know what a wireless is.LOL
5. You could compare it to Christ coming we all have hope of his return as did they of Aslan return.
Now I can finish it and go back thur it to see if I missed any thing.

SistaBritt said...

Hi everyone, this is Sister Brittany. I finally got my blogger account working. :) It'll be sweet to be able to talk to you all. I know something we all learned from this book... NEVER shut the wardrobe door behind you! But, as Sis. Lori pointed out, then Lucy just walks away with a stranger?! Im liking the book, but I haven't read anymore since ch. 9, because a certain someone has gotten me hooked on a another book, at the same time. :) Love you all.

Sis Stubby said...

Sis Brit. are you going to set up a Blog? Please Do!!!!!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Hey now, Britt, I wasn't thinking you'd get hooked! =o Don't blame me!! ;D

Aunt Sissy said...

Ok, I'll confess, I couldn't put the book down. I am almost finsihed reading it. .